What does that verse mean?
What is the significance of this word or phrase in Greek?
How do Bible-time customs help me understand this passage?
Written and edited by Dallas Seminary faculty members, The Bible Knowledge Commentary: New Testament answers these questions and more through a verse-by-verse analysis of the Bible. This comprehensive but brief and reliable commentary, based on the New International Version of the Holy Bible, is designed for pastors, laypersons, Bible teachers, and serious Bible students and serves as a useful companion to personal Bible study.
The Bible Knowledge Commentary: New Testament
- Discusses how the books of the Bible unfold and how each part fits within the whole.
- Interprets the inerrant Scriptures from the historical, grammatical, and premillennial perspectives.
- Includes an introduction (discussion of author, historical background, purpose, features), outline, commentary, bibliography, and cross-references for each book of the Bible.
- Explains problem passages, alleged discrepancies, customs, geographical locations, and key Greek and Aramaic words.
- Provides maps, charts, and diagrams for easy reference.