The book of James has a well-deserved reputation for providing practical advice, yet it also contains challenging teachings on wealth, anointing with oil, prayer, healing, and the relationship between faith and works.
Through clear exposition of the text and thoughtful application questions, this guide helps us rightly understand James as a stirring exhortation to fruitfulness--ultimately reminding us of the necessary connection between genuine faith and heartfelt obedience.
About the Knowing the Bible series
Over the course of 12 weeks, these studies explore books of the Bible and:
- Ask thoughtful questions to spur discussion
- Show how each passage unveils the gospel
- Tie the text in with the whole story of Scripture
- Illuminate the doctrines taught in each passage
- Invite you to discover practical implications
- Help you better understand and apply God's Word