Continuing a Gold Medallion Award-winning legacy, this completely revised edition of The Expositor's Bible Commentary series puts world-class biblical scholarship in your hands. Based on the original twelve-volume set that has become a staple in college and seminary libraries and pastors' studies worldwide, this new thirteen-volume edition marshals the most current evangelical scholarship and resources.
Of the fifty-six contributors, thirty of them are new. Reflecting the commentary's international and cross-denominational approach, they come from the United States, Canada, England, Scotland, Australia, and New Zealand, and from a broad diversity of churches, including Anglican, Baptist, Brethren, Methodist, Nazarene, Presbyterian, and Reformed.
The Expositor's Bible Commentary uses the complete New International Version for its English text, but it also refers freely to other translations and to the original languages.
The thoroughly revised features consist of:
- Comprehensive introductions
- A short and precise bibliography
- A detailed outline
- Insightful exposition of passages and verses
- Overviews of sections of Scripture to illumine the big picture
- Occasional reflections to give more detail on important issues
- Notes on textual questions and special problems, placed close to the text in question
- Transliterations and translation of Hebrew and Greek words, enabling readers to understand even the more technical notes
- A balanced and respectful approach toward marked differences of opinion